21 May, 2012

This is the time of year . . .



 . . .  when I am drawn to express my awe and ecstasy at the beauties yet again showered upon us by Nature - each year more wonderful than the last - and my joy that there are at least some who still feel that these gifts are the sufficient and perfect reward for all the labours and trials and sadnesses of our lives and that, even if there are many who are blind to them and seem bent on destroying these beauties in a mad scramble for money and power and self-love, nevertheless the next Spring will come round and offer the same munificence . . . so that our souls can be renewed and we can be sustained for another year.



























I have these feelings of wonder and thankfulness every day of my life but the focus is even more profound today . . . the eve of the day that marks my having enjoyed this delicious life for three quarters of a century.
Nicolas


2 comments:

NANCY CAMPBELL said...

Beautiful - this is such a wonderful season.
I thought of you when I spotted the lilies of the valley breaking out in the undergrowth last week!

Natalie said...

Nicolas, a belated Happy Birthday from me, with many wonderful returns.

I'm sure that Nature is in turn grateful to you for your eloquent and creative appreciation - a mutual appreciation society!